We've created this delicious meatball recipe in collaboration with our partners over at WIBERG. Served with beetroot mash, fresh mushrooms and our vegan gravy, this dish is sure to delight.
Makes approx. 20 portions
- 1kg pack Easy Mix Meatballs
- 2500ml vegan gravy - e.g. from GREENFORCE
- 1000g chanterelles or mixed mushrooms
- 10 onions
- 20tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 600ml beetroot juice
- 4kg potatoes
- 1000ml oat single cream
- 400g margarine
- 20 mini pak choi
- 30tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix up the meatballs according to the instructions. Chill in the fridge, form the meatballs and fry.
- While the meatballs are chilling, prepare the mash: peel and boil the potatoes in salted water.
- Add the beetroot juice, cream and margarine to the cooked potatoes before mashing everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice the onions. Wash the mushrooms.
- Heat up about half of the oil in a pan. Fry the pak choi for 2-3 minutes on all sides.
- Heat the remaining oil in another pan and sauté the onions.
- Add the mushrooms and fry together. Season.
- Prepare the gravy according to the instructions and stir into the mushroom and onion mix.
- Serve the meatballs with the mash, pak choi and mushroom sauce and garnish with parsley.