How's this for a burger recipe? We've teamed up with WIBERG to create this delicious Japanese-style burger. This recipe features our Easy Mix burger rolled up in rice paper with mushrooms and fried until crispy.
Makes approx. 20 portions
- 1kg bag Easy Mix Burger
- 40 sheets rice paper
- 1500g wakame seaweed
- 10 dragonfruit
- 1000g shiitake mushrooms
- 20 shallots
- 10 handfuls beansprouts
- 20tbsp vegan mayo
- 15-20tbsp WIBERG Schichimi-Togarashi spice
- 40tbsp peanut oil
- WIBERG green tea and lime vinegar
- Soy sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Mix up the burger according to the instructions and chill.
- Lay out a wet tea towel and place the rice paper sheets one by one on one half of the towel. Fold the over half over the top and let soak until the rice paper is flexible.
- Peel and dice the shallots. Wash and dice the mushrooms.
- Heat up 10tbsp of the peanut oil in a pan and sauté the shallots.
- Add the mushrooms and season with 8-10tbsp of the Schichimi-Togarashi, soy sauce and salt.
- Season the seaweed leaves with 10tbsp peanut oil and 3-5tsbp Schichimi-Togarashi.
- Peel the dragonfruit and cut into cubes.
- Mix the mayo with 3.5tbsp Schichimi-Togarashi.
- Once cooled, form long patties with the burger mix. Heat up 20tbsp peanut oil in a pan. Lay out the dampened rice paper sheets one by one on a chopping board, add some of the mushroom mix and burger patties, roll up and fry on all sides.
- Chop the rice paper burgers into smaller rolls and serve on a plate with the seaweed salad and chopped dragonfruit. Garnish with the green tea and lime vinegar and beansprouts and enjoy with the mayo.